If you find yourself stuck for breakfast ideas, think about switching up your routine and try Baked Eggs. Filled with fresh, delicious veggies. there’s nothing not to love about this quick and easy recipe.
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 25 mins
COURSE Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Main Course
CALORIES 200 kcal
- Ovenproof dish
- 1 onion medium size
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 4 cups baby spinach fresh
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 cup broccoli roughly chopped
- 400 grams tomatoes organic canned crushed
- 8 eggs large
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper to taste
- 1 bunch coriander small bunch, fresh, chopped
- 1 bunch parsley small bunch, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and lightly grease an ovenproof dish with coconut oil. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and spices and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and the onion is soft.
- Add the spinach, zucchini and broccoli leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the leaves have just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Place the crushed tomatoes into a medium bowl with onion and spinach mixture, some salt and pepper, and stir to combine and pour into ovenproof dish.
- Using the back of a large spoon make small dents in the middle of the sauce, then crack in the eggs
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking
- Garnish with chopped coriander and parsley. Serve and enjoy with a piece of paleo bread.
- Sodium: 473mg
- Calcium: 155mg
- Vitamin C: 86mg
- Vitamin A: 5917IU
- Sugar: 7g
- Fiber: 5g
- Potassium: 1015mg
- Cholesterol: 327mg
- Calories: 200kcal
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Iron: 5mg
KEYWORD Baked eggs, eggs, healthy breakfast, Healthy Recipes, nutritious breakfast