Cauliflower Shephards Pie
This shepherd’s pie with cauliflower mash is low-carb, gluten free and super delicious
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
TOTAL TIME 40 mins
COURSE lunch and dinner
CALORIES 551 kcal
- 6 cup cauliflower for topping, diced, (about 1 ½ head)
- 1 cup bone broth for topping
- 3 cloves garlic for topping
- 1 pinch sea salt for topping
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast for topping
- 2 tbsp ghee for topping, or butter or avocado oil
- 3 eggs for topping, eggs
- 1 onion for filling, large, diced
- 1 carrot for filling, large, diced
- 4 celery sticks for filling, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic for filling, minced
- 500 gram beef mince for filling, grass fed
- 2 tsp salt for filling
- 1 tsp black pepper for filling
- 1 tsp dried thyme for filling
- 1 tsp dried rosemary for filling
- 2 tbsp almond meal for filling
- 1 cup bone broth for filling
- Combine the cauliflower, garlic + broth in a large pot to steam/simmer.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, transfer it and the garlic cloves the bowl of your stand mixer, drain out most of the liquid but keep it in case you need it later.
- Mash the cauliflower until smooth. The add in the salt and nutritional yeast.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until fully combined.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the meat filling.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the some coconut oil and then all of the diced veggies. Sauté for 8 minutes until aromatic and tender.
- Add in the beef mince, cook until lightly browned.
- Mix in the seasonings, then sprinkle the flour all over the beef.
- Pour in bone broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally until the broth reduces and the beef mix in saucy and thick, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the filling to a casserole dish and use a spatula to spread the cauliflower mix all over it and to the edges to seal all the liquid in there. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is browned.
- Sodium: 1409mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- Vitamin C: 77mg
- Vitamin A: 2758IU
- Sugar: 5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Potassium: 1068mg
- Cholesterol: 231mg
- Calories: 551kcal
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Fat: 38g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Iron: 5mg
KEYWORD cauliflower recipes, healthy beef pies, healthy dinner, healthy lunch, healthy pie recipes, healthy shepherds pie