Choc Paleo Bars
- Food processor or blender
- 2 cups nuts/seeds eg. almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds
- 2 big handfuls shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cup choc hazelnut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup protein powder optional
- 3 drops liquid sweetener optional
- 2 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla optional
- Blend nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Pour blended nuts into mixing bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil to dry ingredients and combine well. Add natural sweetener if you like it sweeter. If the mixture is really wet, add some extra chia seeds (or almond meal, psyllium husks etc) to thicken it up. If too dry, add some extra coconut oil.
- Line baking pan with baking paper. Tip mixture in, press down and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in fridge for 30 minutes or so to set. When set and hard enough to cut, lift the whole lot out on to a chopping board. Cut into squares or rectangles.