Choc Paleo Bars
- Food processor or blender
- 2 cups nuts/seeds eg. almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup choc hazelnut butter or other nut butter
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup collagen
- stevia to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla optional, pure if possible
- Blend nuts in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
- Pour blended nuts into mixing bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil to dry ingredients and combine well. Add natural sweetener like stevia if you like it sweeter. If the mixture is really wet, add some extra chia seeds (or almond meal, psyllium husks etc) to thicken it up. If too dry, add some extra coconut oil. Mixture should be sticky.
- Line baking pan with baking paper. Tip mixture in, press down and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in fridge for 30 minutes or so to set. When set and hard enough to cut, lift the whole lot out on to a chopping board. Cut into squares or rectangles.